Hello,

I have a Feature Request for the string built-in "replace".

This built-in has some additional flags, see
https://freemarker.apache.org/docs/ref_builtins_string.html#ref_builtin_string_flags

Example:
We have string, in which we want to remove the first and last appearance of a
substring.
The first one is possible, but not the last one. Or do I miss something here?

Code:
<#assign testString="start some text start end some more lines end again" />
${testString?replace("start", "", "f")} = some text start end some more lines
end again

It would be nice to have a flag "l" to get the last one.
${testString?replace("end", "", "l")} = start some text start end some more
lines again

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Riehemann