I just asked a friend who is a Eclipse contributor and very familiar with
OSGI practises.
Here is a rough translation of his anwer:

*bndtools takes the "generate Manifest" approach. *
*Eclipse on the other hand takes "Manifest first" approach. *
*You cannot mix the two, because Eclipse needs the manifest file, bndtools
doesn't. *

*One possible way could be to do the following in Eclipse:*
*Maybe create a separate ant-target which you add to the builders in
eclipse. This ant target could copy the generated MANIFEST.MF file into the
Eclipse Workspace project under META-INF/MANIFEST.MF instead of putting it
only in the jar file. *

I will try to investigate how I can modify the bnd ant-target so that the
MANIFEST.MF file is generated but not only in the JAR but also as a
separate file so that I do the copying.
If you have ideas or tips, let me know.

--
Christoph Rüger, Geschäftsführer
Synesty <https://synesty.com/> - Automatisierung, Schnittstellen, Datenfeeds

Xing: https://www.xing.com/profile/Christoph_Rueger2
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christoph-rueger/a/685/198

--
Synesty GmbH
Moritz-von-Rohr-Str. 1a

Geschäftsführer: Christoph Rüger
Unternehmenssitz: Jena
Handelsregister B beim Amtsgericht: Jena
Handelsregister-Nummer: HRB 508766
Ust-IdNr.: DE287564982