On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu> wrote:

> [...]
> Also, a separate project (again, still under the umbrella of
> FreeMarker and Apache) means that you can do releases independently of
> the FreeMarker (the engine) project releases.

Just to clarify: I guess you are talking about a separate *git* project,
maintained by the FreeMarker community.
Am I getting it right?
I am asking because, following the ASF terminology we have:
* the FreeMarker *project* with a PMC, committers (this) mailing list etc..
* one or more products: freemarker (the engine), freemarker-site,
freemarker-docgen, freemarker-tester etc...
The source files of each products are maintained in a separate git
repository and may be released independently from each other.

Jacopo