On 28/01/2017 18:08, Daniel Dekany wrote:
So this meant to be kind of a survey, rather than a proper vote, and
for now we use the logo only on Twitter, and it can be changed
anytime. Here's what we have:

Logos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5BwTaGcWGtNS2VaTDhCcDVLQTQ
- #1: "<F>" with the infinitely long dropshadow, no gradients or such
- #1.5 #1 with fading out (somewhat) the shadow on bottom-right
- #2: #.5 with brighter top-left
- #3: Totally flat "<F>". The cornets of the square aren't rounded in
       this one, though that's not up to us, as Twitter will round it.

The votes:
Sergio Fernández (PPMC): #3
Christoph Rüger: #1.5
Denis Bredelet: #2
Mauricio Nuñez: #3
Jacques Le Roux: #1 #2 (counted as two 0.5 votes)
Jacopo Cappellato (PPMC): #1.5
Piyush Mor: #3
Julien NICOLAS: #1.5
Barrie Selack: #3
David E Jones (PPMC): #3
Kirys: #1.5
Daniel Dekany (PPMC): #1.5

Thus the result:
#3: 5 total (2 PPMC)
#1.5: 5 total (2 PPMC)
#2: 1.5 total
#1: 0.5 total

(I have checked, and no opinion was expressed on the related tweet.)

I guess both the #1 and #2 votes would gravitate towards the more
similar #1.5, rather than #1. (Also note that while minimalism is
trending, it still stands that simply typing something, choosing a
standard font and a color, and a flat background color, then calling
it a logo is... Let's just say, users won't necessarily realize that
the product has a logo at all.)

So, Nicolas, can you provide:

- What font is that, with what license? Do we have right to use it?
It's not a font, it's a shape inspired from original logo :)
I don't know what is needed but I transfert all rights of my logos to the freemarker project. :)

- An SVG version of #1.5 without and without the round corner
Here after, the link to the folder of each versions (svg, png) at 200px x 200px
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5BwTaGcWGtNeF9Ca21UNl9JU2s

- A 200x200 px rendering of #1.5 *without* the round corner (because
   Twitter will do the rounding)

Thank you!
Very happy to help :)

BTW, I guess it could fade out the shadow faster a bit... but, let's
not complicate the matter. We want replace that blurry JPEG artifact
demonstration that we have on Twitter currently ASAP.