Hi folks,

sorry to skip in as FM rookie :-)

IMHO both approaches (opt-in & opt-out) are valid but I personally lean towards
opt-out

* The newbie (and casual user) is delighted if a useful feature works out of
the box
* Changing the existing behaviour is an annoying (and potentially breaking)
change for existing users
* Assuming that the caching works the IO is minimal even for cache misses
* Assuming that the little IO becomes relevant those user will be heavy users
anyway

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl