If RedHat took ownership of the tool then they should be able to take care of
changing the license and sending an SGA to the ASF. However, nothing in your
email indicates that RedHat has any interest in donating the tool to the ASF.
Short of that your only real option is to fork it to GitHub. You would have to
leave the existing code as LGPL but anything new you add could use any license
you want.

Another option would be to look at the functionality of the tool and create
something similar without using any of the code. Of course, that is a lot more
work.

Ralph