This is awesome work Christian.

Agreed turnkey for sure.

Just thinking forward - once everyone starts loving this tool, they'll want
to start asking for event triggers and automation based on statistics as
well.

Maybe Geode becomes a self-administering distributed system soon :)

-Greg

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Udo Kohlmeyer <ukohlme...@pivotal.io>
wrote:

> turnkey sounds good... but with a set of scripts, config files and steps
> to get to final result, docker would just be an option.
>
> --Udo
>

> On 1/11/17 08:05, Jens Deppe wrote:
>
>> This is fantastic work! I did something with the same components for a
>> hackday last year and it looked very promising - it's great to see it
>> fully
>> realized here. Although it's not difficult pulling the components
>> together,
>> it would be awesome to provide a turnkey (ala docker) solution that Just
>> Works.
>>
>> Even better is that you've included a statistics-to-grafana bridge.
>>
>> --Jens
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:42 AM, Christian Tzolov <ctzo...@pivotal.io>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I've been experimenting with Geode-to-Grafana integration options. The
>>> geode-dashboard (https://github.com/tzolov/geode-dashboard) project uses
>>> Grafana dashboards for querying, visualizing and analysing Apache Geode
>>> (GemFire) historical and real-time metrics and statistics.
>>>
>>> An important goal was to provides an unified stack that can analyze BOTH
>>> the real-time (JMX metrics) and the historical (archive files) Geode
>>> distributed-system statistics.
>>>
>>> The github documentation and the blogs below should explain the approach:
>>> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/visualize-analyse-
>>> apache-geode-gemfire-real-time-metrics-tzolov
>>> http://blog.tzolov.net/2017/01/visualize-and-analyse-

--
Greg Chase

Product team