Rat checks are already there for the examples project, but yeah it needs a
LICENSE and NOTICE. Do those files need to include everything from the
geode LICENSE and NOTICE files?

That's an interesting question about source archive generation. Do we want
to produce releases of the examples, or just point people at the git repo
and tell them to clone it?

-Dan