Github user upthewaterspout commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/353

    +1 I'll merge the non .gitignore changes. I don't think we should be
ignoring directories named bin, we actually have some code checked in those
directories.

    I suspect maybe you are using eclipse? The default eclipse behavior is to
create an output directory called bin. If so, you should use ./gradlew eclipse
and then just import the generated eclipse project into your workspace. Not
only will that fix the output directory but it will setup your classpath for
you!

---
with INFRA.
---