As Eric mentioned, this will address the current inconsistencies in the
product and will provide consistent behavior with replicated and
partitioned region.

Also, if we look into typical database transaction applications, the
transaction queries doesn't touch/read all the records in the table, mostly
or always they are targeted queries (with where clause) with small result
set. In Geode case, without support for any filtering option with
collection api's, it may have to bring in all the region entries into the
Tx state, which application may not be looking for...The better solution to
support this is by making Geode queries transactional; which can provide
repeatable read semantic on sub-set data.

I agree, its hard for application to distinguish what apis are part of Tx
and what is not...Option to address this could be, proper documentation or
not allowing collection apis inside the Tx. In needed, application has to
suspend the Tx, to call them.

-Anil.