@Eric-

Hmm...

Well, I'd argue that it is still confusing to "*overload*" the purpose of
getRegion("path") to dually "*get*" (the primary function/purpose) and also
"*create*" (secondary).

I'd also say that the getRegion("path") API call is not exclusive to a
*ClientCache*, particularly since getRegion("path") is on RegionService
<http://data-docs-samples.cfapps.io/docs-gemfire/latest/javadocs/japi/com/gemstone/gemfire/cache/RegionService.html#getRegion(java.lang.String)>
[1],
which both ClientCache and Cache implement, indirectly through GemFireCache,
I might add.  Therefore, getRegion("path") has a completely different
meaning server-side (or in the embedded "peer cache" UC).

-j

[1]

--
-John