Github user metatype commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/403

    In this case geode-pulse uses commons-beanutils v1.9.3 while geode-core is
pulling in commons-beanutils v1.8.3 via shiro-core.  The version is different
between `lib/*` and `geode-pulse-*.war`.

    The override resolution strategy gives us another way to control transitive
dependencies.  In some (rare) instances, we may want to ship a different
version than specified in the pom file.  Let me know if you think this is
getting overly complicated.

---
with INFRA.
---