Hi devs,

This is similar to the discussion John started about keeping track of
changes to geode. I'm seeing some changes happening to the public API that
I feel like maybe should have a more visible discussion. For example
GEODE-2892 (Region.sizeOnServer) or GEODE-3005 (new API for partitioning).

I think we should have a clear policy to send an email with [DISCUSS] in
the header to mailing list for changes to the public API, behavior, or
dependencies. Or wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Criteria+for+Code+Submissions>
says that changes should be discussed, but it doesn't really specify how.

Part of the issue is that I find it impossible to keep up with the amount
of JIRA noise on the dev list, so just creating a JIRA is not enough for me
to notice a new API change. I propose that we segregate all of this
automated email onto a separate list, either geode-commits or some new
list. I'd like to segregate anything not directly sent by a human - JIRAs,
PRs, and reviewboards.

-Dan