We are exploring adding one or more public Service Provider Interfaces (SPIs)
for Geode, and would like some guidance about standards, conventions,
precedent, and such.

Do we have standards or conventions for creating SPIs? Good examples? Bad
examples?

Are there standards or conventions described elsewhere (e.g. Spring) that we
should consider when defining SPIs?

Is it as simple(!) as defining a service interface, then using Java's
ServiceLoader mechanism to discover and load instances of it?

Any additional considerations for adding a public SPI, compared to a private
one?

Cheers,
Dale