> On Apr 2, 2019, at 5:04 PM, Dan Smith <dsm...@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> I think the best course of action is probably to remove it entirely.
> However, this does bring up a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Is it ok in general to remove deprecated API in a non X.0 release (eg
> geode 1.10 instead of geode 2.0)?

I think a deprecated API is no longer API after a major version increment. The
deprecated symbols can be removed anytime after the major release with merely a
notice in the release notes. I think its unrealistic to expect all deprecated
symbols be removed for the x.0 release.

> 2) How about in this case, when this feature has been deprecated for so
> long, and may or may not work?

Given that this API was effectively deprecated in version 0 of Geode and was
never part of the release API in 1 it is fair game now. Time should not be a
factor, just major version number.

-Jake