Thanks for the feedback. Both Dan and Juan pointed out how the
hostname-for-clients are configured for each individual components
currently:  server/locator/gateway receivers are from gfsh commands options
and jmx are from gemfire properties. Let me revise my original proposal to:
Let's add a global property "hostname-for-clients" in the geode properties
that will be the default value if not overridden by those specific
configurations.

Thanks!

--
Cheers