What does "rough consensus"[1] look like on this thread? How do we make a
decision and close it out?

Kirk suggested an idea, there’s been a couple days of feedback, so we can:

1) reject the proposal and commit to using final ‘everywhere'
2) accept the proposal and use final very sparingly
3) continue the discussion over e-mail
4) take other steps to come to a consensus like
        have a meeting with a few folks who are passionate about the topic
        Try both approaches.  Pick one module and use final everywhere, and
pick another and use it sparingly and see which approach we like

Personally, I don’t see any “fundamental flaws"[1] with using final or removing
it.

Also, I might just be rushing the natural flow of conversation, so in that
case, sorry for being impatient.

1-https://doist.com/blog/decision-making-flat-organization/