There appears to be consensus that this is a critical fix.

The following commits have been brought into support/1.10.0
<https://github.com/apache/geode/tree/release/1.10.0> as the critical fix for
GEODE-7051 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-7051>:

git cherry-pick -x 413800bc16d05df689a2af5c30797f180aad6088
<https://github.com/apache/geode/commit/413800bc16d05df689a2af5c30797f180aad6088>
git cherry-pick -x e1b61cdcaf38966bbb732b0b3db5223f2cc4f5e4
<https://github.com/apache/geode/commit/e1b61cdcaf38966bbb732b0b3db5223f2cc4f5e4>

GEODE-7051 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-7051> has been marked
as 'resolved in' 1.10.0.

-Owen