TL;DR: +0

When using gfsh over http, the following exception occurs:

(1) Executing - connect --url=https://localhost:7070/geode-mgmt/v1
--security-properties-file=/Users/jdeppe/workspace/gemfire-develop/open/security.properties

org/apache/geode/management/internal/web/shell/HttpOperationInvoker
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.commands.ConnectCommand.httpConnect(ConnectCommand.java:284)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.commands.ConnectCommand.connect(ConnectCommand.java:153)
at
at
at
org.springframework.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:216)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.remote.CommandExecutor.callInvokeMethod(CommandExecutor.java:111)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.remote.CommandExecutor.invokeCommand(CommandExecutor.java:121)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.remote.CommandExecutor.execute(CommandExecutor.java:63)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.remote.CommandExecutor.execute(CommandExecutor.java:57)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.shell.GfshExecutionStrategy.execute(GfshExecutionStrategy.java:84)
at
org.springframework.shell.core.AbstractShell.executeCommand(AbstractShell.java:134)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.shell.Gfsh.executeCommand(Gfsh.java:584)
at
org.springframework.shell.core.AbstractShell.executeScriptLine(AbstractShell.java:74)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.shell.Gfsh.executeScriptLine(Gfsh.java:615)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.Launcher.parseOptions(Launcher.java:232)
at
org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.Launcher.parseCommandLine(Launcher.java:250)
at org.apache.geode.management.internal.cli.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:135)
org.apache.geode.management.internal.web.shell.HttpOperationInvoker
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
... 19 more

The problem is that the geode-web.jar is not included in
gfsh-dependencies.jar as part of the build.

Since this issue appears to also exist on 1.9.0 I'm going to +0 (instead of
-1). Others may feel differently. A workaround exists simply by adding the
missing jar when running gfsh.

--Jens