There appears to be consensus that this is a critical fix.

The following commit has been brought into release/1.10.0 as the critical fix
for GEODE-7169:

git cherry-pick -x aaa1378472ce0a8a05e0afabfdfc874e14fe13e6

GEODE-7169 has been marked as 'resolved in’ 1.10.0.

1.10.0.RC1 is no longer viable.  We will prepare a 1.10.0.RC2 soon.

Regards
Dick & Owen