Hi Michael, thank you for bringing your concern and fixing this issue.

Geode's release process dictates a time-based schedule <
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Release+Schedule> to cut
release branches.  The “critical fixes” rule does allow critical fixes to
be brought to the release branch by proposal on the dev list, as you have
done here.

If there is consensus from the Geode community that your proposed change
satisfies the “critical fixes” rule, I will be happy to bring it to the
1.10.0 release branch.

Due to the complexity of this change, could please open a PR against
release/1.10.0 containing the exact changes you want to merge?

Regards

-Dick