Thank you for the reference to the other thread, Jens. I hope my questions
aren't too late in the process.

Mario, are there any limitations that should be understood about the types
of certificates used or how they're generated? Do you have the freedom to
use certificate chaining and have the root CA in each component's
truststore? Dan's concern of a future, valid use case resonates quite a bit
with me.

Ivan