________________________________
Šalje: Barry Oglesby <bogle...@pivotal.io>
Poslano: 22. studenog 2019. 22:35
Prima: Mario Kevo <mario.k...@est.tech>
Kopija: dev@geode.apache.org <dev@geode.apache.org>
Predmet: Re: Odg: Restart gateway-receiver

> If we don't send any event, the connection will be closed after some time as
> connection is inactive.

Are you seeing this behavior? I don't think this is true by default.

AbstractRemoteGatewaySender.initProxy sets these fields on the PoolFactory:

pf.setReadTimeout(this.socketReadTimeout);
pf.setIdleTimeout(connectionIdleTimeOut);

By default, socketReadTimeout is 0 (no timeout), and connectionIdleTimeOut is
-1 (disabled).

Each Event Processor thread will have its own connection to the remote site:

Event Processor for GatewaySender_ny.1:
GatewaySenderEventRemoteDispatcher.initializeConnection connection=Pooled
GatewaySenderEventRemoteDispatcher.initializeConnection connection=Pooled