Transactions are an area of the codebase I've never dealt with, so I'm sure
most/all of what you mention is true.  In particular, the only thing I know
about TransactionId is that it's always set to -1, so functionally it's
essentially useless.  I'm not certain what all of the implications will be
if suddenly we ascribe meaning to it, so I'll let some folks with more
native client history than I chime in.

Thanks,

Blake