Is this a policy the native client team must abide by, as well?  It varies
slightly with what we've been doing, and all other things being equal I see
no reason for us to change that.  If I am to have any measure of control
over the nc repository, I will definitely enforce a 1:1 correspondence
between commits to develop and JIRA tickets.  IMO, if your refactoring in a
PR is sufficiently large or complex that it's difficult to tease it out
from the bug you're fixing or feature you're implementing, it merits its
own JIRA ticket and a separate PR.  If your "actual" fix then becomes
dependent on the refactored code, that's a price I'm willing to pay to keep
history clean.

On the other hand, I see no real value in squashing to a single commit
prior to submitting a PR, since your view of the changes on GitHub is
essentially the same either way.  We haven't enforced this on the nc repo,
and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Thanks,

Blake