Sound like there is no need to clarify or amend what is already spelled out in
RFC[1]:
* Backports can be made to dormant support branches without requiring a
proposal or votes, subject to the "exercise good judgement" clause in the RFC.
* Backports to multiple support branches can be made in any order as long as
eventually all gaps are filled (make sure the Fix Versions list in Jira always
accurately reflects which branches do have the fix).