Hi everyone,

Putting forward the proposal to backport GEODE-9091 (Serialization
Improvements) to support/1.14 branch,

What does GEODE-9091 do?

  *   It adds serialVersionUID to the Serializable classes in geode-redis module
  *   It converts all DataSerializable classes to DataSerializableFixedID
classes

Why do we need to backport these changes?

  *   These changes future-proofs the geode-redis data structures from being
used in mixed version clusters.
  *   This will ensure that changes to serializable classes do not break
backward compatibility.
  *   If these classes get changed in the future, the serialVersionUIDs will
remain the same and can be used with older and newer versions.
  *   If we don't backport these changes to 1.14.0 then future releases of
geode-redis will not be compatible with it.

Reference PR:[link<https://github.com/apache/geode/pull/6115>]

Regards
Nabarun Nag