Hello everyone,

Today I once again find myself between a rock and a hard place managing
incoming PRs into the geode-native project.  We merged a PR that passed checkin
gates, then broke in the main CI pipeline.  Additionally, our code formatter
took an update yesterday, and now disagrees with some of the code that is
already on the develop branch.  I submitted a PR to fix the formatting, but it
now won't pass checkin gates because of the first break, and said first break
can't be reverted because it won't pass checkin gates due to formatting.  I
could maybe solve this problem by combining the two PRs, but then I'd pollute
my Git history, which IMO is a bigger problem than either of these issues.

Sadly, this happens much more often than you'd think, and every time it does it
takes days to untangle this knot we've tied ourselves in, when it should take
seconds or minute of my time at most.  I would like to propose that we either
unprotect develop on geode-native, and allow direct checkins for specific
circumstances like reverting PRs or fixing things like this formatting issue.
It's crazy to keep wasting my time trying to work around something with such a
simple solution at hand.

Thanks,

Blake