The Apache Geode project has built up a development process and community
standards since its initial start as an Apache podling in 2014 with the
purpose of releasing software of the highest quality developed by engineers
who believe in the project and its future. Our DOD (Definition of Done) may
be sparse and loose, but it captures some of the most important points that
have been discussed on the dev-list and agreed upon by this community. Its
essence is a focus on quality, both for users of Geode and developers who
will contribute and maintain the code base.

Our DOD [1] includes the following on developing code to be released:

CONTINUOUS DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
+ Design reviewed on Wiki, especially for larger features
+ Implemented according to specification in the ticket
+ Unit tested
+ Integration tested
+ Public/ Peer-reviewed
+ Merged into 'develop'
+ JIRA Ticket marked 'resolved'

All committers must understand and follow our "development process and
community standards" [2] as discussed on the dev-list or captured on the
Apache Geode Wiki. Contributors who hope to actively contribute must learn
and follow this process. It's the responsibility of all committers to help
educate and guide these contributors in both our process and Code of
Conduct [3].

Everyone should be encouraged to ask questions and discuss how we can best
deliver high-quality software that will be easy to maintain by all Apache
Geode developers in the years to come.

Quality impassioned,
Kirk Lund

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Definition+of+Done