I'm not sure I want to do wholesale defaults revision.

Yes this is a release that cannot be done in a rolling fashion, but it is
not (yet) a release that requires that pre-existing users to change their
settings in general to keep their current configuration.

I think it would be simple enough to supply a "recommended.properties" file
that sets things the way we now like them without actually changing the
hard-coded defaults.

I view the network-partition-detection property as a special case because
of its affect on diskstores which are automatically created if you use the
recommended serialization mechanism (pdx).

On the diskstore topic, if we know that the disk stores are wrong at
startup, why don't we just fix them? Why do we require user intervention?

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Manager