On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 12:41 PM, John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> I fail to see how "versioning" has anything to do with the "process
> <http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html> [0]" (i.e. voting), and
> especially, the "tools" (e.g. SVN), used at Apache to push out
> binary/consumable artifacts used by developers.

It has nothing to do with the tools.  The link to the Subversion docs
was about how the project uses versions *itself*.  YMMV.

My only comment that I'd say is that you should never ever reuse the
same version number.  Once the RM creates the artifact and posts it
for review, no changes should be ever made to the source.  For most
projects I'm on, as soon as the tag is created for the release in the
SCM tool, that's it.  But, there could be some leeway there - such as
autoconf-style files, etc, etc.

Even if the release fails the vote, you shouldn't be reusing that
version again.  -- justin