+1

-Dan

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Anthony Baker <[email protected]> wrote:

> +1
>
> The ASF policy is well known [1] and I think @author information is no
> longer helpful in any case.
>
> Anthony
>
> [1]
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2004/board_minutes_2004_02_18.txt
>
> > On Feb 17, 2016, at 1:29 PM, Sai Boorlagadda <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > In preparation towards graduation I am planning to remove author tags
> from
> > all source files.
> >
> > GEODE-52 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-52>, has some
> > discussions whether we should or shouldn`t remove them.
> >
> > I would like to restart the discussion and get a fresh consensus from the
> > community.
> >
> > Find below some of the reasons why ASF is against the author tags:
> >
> >   - Attributions in source files are not up to date.
> >   - Software is a team effort.
> >   - ASF sells the code base as an ASF brand.
> >   - Shield against law-suits.
> >
> > --
> > Sai Boorlagadda
>
>

Reply via email to