+1

On 2/03/2016 9:35 am, William Markito wrote:
Folks, it doesn't look like we have actually finished this thread...

What do you guys think about the following pattern:
"ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456-_"  ?

I'm not specifying a regexp to avoid problems with unicode and to keep it
only ASCII-only...  Stackoveflow has some suggestions like "^\\p{ASCII}*$" but
I'd be careful and try to keep it strict to the ones specified in the list
above.

Thanks


On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Darrel Schneider <[email protected]>
wrote:

The public javadocs on Region#getName say:
Returns the name of this region. A region's name
    * can be any non-empty String providing it does not
    * contain the name separator, a forward slash (/).

Here is the code from LocalRegion that validates the name:
   static void validateRegionName(String name)
   {
     if (name == null) {
       throw new

IllegalArgumentException(LocalizedStrings.LocalRegion_NAME_CANNOT_BE_NULL.toLocalizedString());
     }
     if (name.length() == 0) {
       throw new

IllegalArgumentException(LocalizedStrings.LocalRegion_NAME_CANNOT_BE_EMPTY.toLocalizedString());
     }
     if (name.indexOf(SEPARATOR) >= 0) {
       throw new

IllegalArgumentException(LocalizedStrings.LocalRegion_NAME_CANNOT_CONTAIN_THE_SEPARATOR_0.toLocalizedString(SEPARATOR));
     }
   }


On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM, William Markito <[email protected]>
wrote:

I don't think we should allow non-alphanumeric region names...   And
would
be really nice to have a list or a pattern documenting what's valid.


On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:04 AM Kirk Lund <[email protected]> wrote:

I was just looking into a ticket filed because /= was used as the
Region
name and this caused problems in JMX ObjectNames. I have two questions:
1)
do we really want /= to be a valid Region name? 2) do we have a
complete
list somewhere of all the non-alphanumeric characters that are usable
in
Region names?

-Kirk

--
~/William




Reply via email to