On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> I can go either way, but the brew maintainers seem to prefer without the
> apache- prefix:
> https://github.com/Homebrew/brew/blob/master/share/doc/homebrew/Formula-Cookbook.md
>
> Out of 57 Apache projects on Homebrew, only 6 use the apache- prefix:
>
> Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:Formula abaker$ ls -1 apache* | wc -l
>        6

Not sure where how you're getting your # but
   $ brew search apache
apache-activemq                        apache-forrest
apache-archiva                         apache-opennlp
apache-drill                           apache-spark
apache-fop                             apachetop

> Anthony-Baker-MacBook-Pro:Formula abaker$ grep -i apache * | grep homepage |
> wc -l
>       57

Well, personally I see that the rest of the projects are either way more
unique in their naming than geode or are older generation (the time
when branding requirements were less prominent).

But I'm with you -- I was on the fence when I was writing the email myself.
What convinced me to ask you to name it apache-geode was seeing
apache-spark and apache-drill.

Thanks,
Roman.