*> The issue is that even though you have everything defined in cache.xml,
if you have manual-start set to true on the gateway it will not create the
colocated regions until you call start*

Why is that?  I am not sure I understand why collocated (child) *Regions*
would not be (or prevented from being created) if the *Gateways (Senders)* were
started manually.

Also, I (vaguely) remember (now) a conversation with Hitesh (and the
support team, Tommy?) a long while back where event loss could occur if
there wasn't an option to start a *GatewaySender* manually.  I can remember
the exact details, setup, UC now, but it was the reason I added the option
to support manual *GatewaySender* start in SDG.

-j

--
-John
503-504-8657