This checkin:

geronimo/trunk/modules/j2ee-builder/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/j2ee/deployment/EARConfigBuilder.java
Revision 56855 - (view) (download) - [select for diffs]
Modified Sun Nov 7 17:26:43 2004 UTC (7 hours, 50 minutes ago) by djencks
File length: 26550 byte(s)
Diff to previous 56771 (colored)

implement GERONIMO-435. Every builder can specify the default parentId.
For services, a module can specify the empty string parentId="" to get no
parent.

        Seems to have broken the Axis module:

    [javac] symbol  : constructor
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder
    [javac]         EARConfigBuilder earConfigBuilder = new
EARConfigBuilder(j2eeServer,
    [javac]                                             ^

        By changing the constructor that Axis depends upon.  The Axis
module catches a lot of heat, but the WSConfigBuilder was last changed 5
days ago.  I can only assume that "someone" didn't do a full[*] build
before checking in, because this is a clear compile failure, not even a
test problem.  There's a similar problem with the OpenEJBModuleBuilder,
with the same cause.

        I believe dims had a preliminary fix, but didn't check it in
tonight, so unfortunately things are still broken.  I think he needs to
change the Axis code to access existing GBeans instead of constructing new
ones, but still, this was highly preventable.

Thanks,
        Aaron

[*] full build without anything like "the axis module commented out
locally"