On Nov 22, 2004, at 10:43 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

Is there any naming recommendation for the interface? I've seen
and used "FooMBean" as the interface for GBean "Foo", but what with trying
to get away from JMX and all...

I normally reserve the "raw" name for the interface itself, since in my mind the interface is more important then the implementation. As for the implementation, I try to be descriptive as possible. For example, I have a GBeanInvoker interface and a JMXGBeanInvoker implementation and a CGLibGBeanInvoker implementation. If I can think of anything descriptive, I normally call the thing DefaultFoo, but FooImpl works also.

        Also, it would be accurate to say that the no-arg constructor must
be present but will never be used on a "real live" GBean, right?

That is correct, unless the declared constructor in the GBeanInfo is not the no-arg constructor.

-dain