Dain Sundstrom wrote:
On Nov 22, 2004, at 10:57 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

This should also speed up the build as the configurations would be built in-vm by the plugin rather than forking the command-line deployer every time.

Do we have a plugin that can do this today? I thought our current plugin only worked with a running server, which would mean a fork. Anyway, it would be very nice if we didn't need to fork.

AIUI the current plugin invokes the JSR-88 code which would expect to work with an external server - when does that it certainly runs quicker than the deployments done from assembly's maven.xml.

We would probably need to tweak it a little further so that it could load both jar and configuration artifacts from the local Maven repo - basically have both the Repo and ConfigStore impls work against what was being output during the build process.

It might also be worth developing a new plugin to handle the assembly steps - creating the server's repo, installing configs, etc. - given that is currently duplicated in the different projects.

--
Jeremy