On Feb 9, 2005, at 1:38 PM, David Jencks wrote:

After this mornings build fiasco I estimate that I personally have spent between 5 and 10 hours dealing with the surprising behavior of the geronimo build, i.e. "don't build it all unless you remember an obscure switch"

I'l like to suggest two things:

1. The default top level build target should reliably build all of geronimo. Special targets can be provided for those who wish to build only parts. Perhaps the project/maven files for these sub-builds could live in the directory of the part being built.

2. The addition of new modules, especially those that impact several existing modules, be preceded by discussion or at least announcement on the dev list.

I'd like to volunteer some Gluecode resources (non-Geronimo-committer!) to setup a simple CI-like system - it just moronically does a clean checkout, build and email if failure to the dev list, and keeps trying until success, in which case also an email to dev list.... then you could look at the dev list to see where we are...

(This isn't an original idea...)

geir

thanks david jencks

[EMAIL PROTECTED]