In the Module Restructuring thread a couple people indicated how nice it would be if it was easy to set up limited purpose geronimo versions, such as web-only.

Making this easy has always been one of our aims. Two existing examples are openejb (ejb + jta + j2ca) and IBM gluecode se (formerly Gluecode Joe se) (web + portlets + jms + jta + j2ca)

Jeremy has been working on some maven plugins to make this kind of setup more systematic: the configuration plugin, designed to build a "pre-deployed" configuration ready to load into a geronimo kernel, and the assembly plugin, designed to package up a bunch of configurations, a repository, and the rest of what you need to have a packaged geronimo-in-a-jar. I think it would be great if we could get these plugins working reliably and use them in our standard build. We definitely want to have several standard limited geronimo assemblies as part of the build.

Many thanks,