Hi All,

I am trying to make a standalone client using Geronimo HEAD. It's not going so well so far. I've done the following:

   public void Connect() {
       String hostName = "127.0.0.1";
       String port = "4201";
System.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
               "org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
       System.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", hostName+":"+port);
       System.setProperty("java.naming.security.principal", "system");
       System.setProperty("java.naming.security.credentials", "manager");
try {
           Context ic = new InitialContext();
           Object o = ic.lookup(PhoneBookSessionHome.JNDI_NAME);
PhoneBookSession session = PhoneBookSessionUtil.getHome().create(); fireConnectionEvent(true);
       } catch (Throwable ex) {
           ex.printStackTrace();
           fireConnectionEvent(false);
       }
   }

The code fails on the 'new InitialContext()' with the error:

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot read the response from the server.; nested exception is:
   java.io.EOFException
   at org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:196)
at org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:181) at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667) at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
   at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
   at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:175)
   at org.acme.phonebook.client.Application.Connect(Application.java:70)

Should I be loading some sort of deployment into my Geronimo server first? The port 4201 seems to answer telnet connections, so there's something there. According to an article on the IBM site, the client needs the following Jars in the classpath, which I have done:

   * openejb-core-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
   * geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.4-rc4.jar
   * geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
   * geronimo-security-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar