[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
toby cabot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/07/2005 12:59:14 AM:

I like the idea of using a well-known baseline for the Geronimo
scripts, but could we call the shell script "geronimo" instead of
"geronimo.sh"?  I prefer to not expose the implementation (shell
script) in the interface.

Are you concerned that we may change shells in the future?

The startup script should have the following on the first line to instruct the system which shell interpreter we are using.
#! /bin/sh

Not every version of Unix places the shell in the same place which can make this problematic.

#!/bin/sh should work for most, /provided to stick to sh/ and don't use ksh or bash extensions (just in case you happen to get a genuine sh implementation).

--
Jeremy