OK, it's at:

http://people.apache.org/~ammulder/new-startup-example.zip

        Unzip it, go to the geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT directory it creates,
and run "java -jar bin/server.jar".  You have to run it from that dir
because it starts Tomcat and I didn't have Jeff's latest fix in my tree.
There are no changes for deployment, so having an app won't help (though
the debug tool WAR is deployed by default).

        If you want to suppress the progress output, add "-noprogress" to
the command line.

Thanks,
        Aaron