I developed a simple test EJB with Eclipse Webtools RC1. WTP has the option of creating separate EJB jar and EJB client jar projects so that in the end the deployment looks like this (ejbClient.jar is packaged inside the ejb.jar).

ejb.jar:
  META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
  META-ING/MANIFEST.MF
  test/TestEJB.class
  ejbClient.jar

ejbClient.jar:
  test/TestHome.class
  test/Test.class

MANIFEST.MF entry has a reference to the ejbClient.jar and ejb-jar.xml has the ejb-client-jar -element.

However, when I try to deploy this standalone ejb.jar into Geronimo it fails with an error message saying that it cannot find test.TestHome.

Is this kind of packaging supported by Geronimo/J2EE 1.4 or should I redirect this to WTP dev and point out that they have it wrong.

* Janne Kario