On Aug 2, 2005, at 6:35 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I noticed that the izpack installer has an "EJB/IIOP Configuration" panel where the user can configure things such as:

* Naming port
* EJB port
* IP addresses the server should accept EJB Client connections from
* IIOP port
* ORB port
* CosNaming port

Even though I am prompted for Corba config information, the org/apache/geronimo/InteropServer configuration isn't started when Geronimo is started, which isn't intuitive.  Should we be starting the configurations that they configure in the installer?

The org/apache/geronimo/InteropServer relates to the code in the geronimo interop module, which we aren't using at the moment. The actual CORBA support is entirely in openejb and uses the Sun orb.

Should the Interop config be optional (have it as a pack you can select at the beginning) and the IIOP port, ORB port and CosNaming port on a separate screen?

I think it would probably be appropriate to put the openejb corba support in a separate corba module but it is most likely to be a separate openejb corba module. At that time making it optional seems reasonable. I doubt this will happen before 1.0

I also noticed that in the following change, the interop server was removed from the assembly.  Can anyone give some more background on this?

As noted above, we aren't using it for anything. The generated code (using the IDL compiler) is now in a spec module.

thanks
david jencks

Revision: 159233