On Aug 5, 2005, at 6:32 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

Well I'm still feeling my way around the web console code, but it looks to me like they are expecting users to add more queues to the org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS config.

I don't think this is possible yet, although I think aaron is working on a way to make it possible shortly. I believe that each new queue is currently added to a new configuration.

What should be be encouraging them to do ... that's the harder question.   I'll look for somebody else to answer that one. :-)

Allowing, yes, at least for "mutable" configurations. Encouraging, maybe.

However, I'm looking at a problem that may end up being related to (or affected by) the configuration.

The Web Console includes capabilities to manage JMS connection factories and destinations (adding/removing queues and topics).  However, the portlet to manage the factories is currently failing with an exception because it assumes that there is a "state" attribute on the each factory GBean and this attribute doesn't exist on the DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory.

I believe this is due to the recent removal of the jsr-77 state manageable and similar attributes from the base gbean wrapper object. I think the intent was to move them to all gbeans that were exposed in jsr-77. Apparently not all of this proposal was implemented, which may possibly affect our compliance with the jsr-77 portion of the tck.

thanks
david jencks

So I wonder if the portlet is in error looking for the wrong attribute or the factory GBean is in error for not defining the attribute.   Of course, if we remove the queues and factory defined in SystemJMS then this eliminates the problem (at least on the DefaultActionMQConnectionFactory).

 - Joe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS config defines an ActiveMQ resource adapter ( and the DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory ) , MDBTransferBeanOutQueue and SendReceiveQueue admin objects.

Should the two queues be removed ( I assume they were there for testing in the past)?

Are we expecting users of the web console ( I haven't played with yet) adding more queues to the org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS config, or should we be encouraging them to use their own config?

If we aren't expecting users to be able to add more queues to the org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS config, then should the org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS config be removed from the config.list and replaced with org/apache/geronimo/ActiveMQServer?

John

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or non-public information.  This information is intended solely for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.  Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author personally.
--
Joe Bohn

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." -- Jim Elliot