Whats your thoughts on creating a directory in each of the modules called "m2" and begin the development there. I like what OpenEJB has done in this effort.

Then when its all converted we can move the code up into each module and get rid of the "old way".

This will allow us to piece meal it together, module by module.

Thoughts?

Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
To be a little more specific, maven 1 and maven 2 can both work with maven 2 POMs. It's our non-standard jelly code that impedes our conversion. We need to enumerate where that code is, determine if there is an M2 replacement for it, it not decide if we need it and if we do, make a plug in or convert the code. It is my understanding that much of the jelly code is optimizations, e.g. don't run tests if they've already been run. The maven team is happy to make such optimizations a priority to include in M2.

After the conversion, I hope that we have no more jelly.

Regards,
Alan