Matt,

I added the following comments to the JIRA:

Deleted the additional spaces, rebuilt using maven, redeploy daytrader, but
still got the
same error at the same line #: [ContextConfig] Occurred at line 368 column 33

Lin

--- Matt Hogstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lin,
>
> Can you please test this out and confirm you can now deploy on Tomcat?
>
> - Matt
>
> Matt Hogstrom (JIRA) wrote:
> >     [
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1083?page=comments#action_12332281
>  ]
> >
> > Matt Hogstrom commented on GERONIMO-1083:
> >
> > Sending        web.xml
> > Transmitting file data .
> > Committed revision 325967.
> >
> > Fixed
> >

> >>daytrader does not work with tomcat
> >>-----------------------------------
> >>
> >>         Key: GERONIMO-1083
> >>     Project: Geronimo
> >>        Type: Bug
> >>  Components: sample apps, Tomcat
> >>    Versions: 1.0-M5
> >> Environment: Windows and Tomcat as the default web container
> >>    Reporter: Lin Sun
> >>    Assignee: Matt Hogstrom
> >

> >>when I deploy dayTrade with tomcat as the default web container, found below
> exceptions in the logs, and I could not even get to the
> http://localhost:8080/daytrader
> page.
> >>16:45:38,534 DEBUG [ContainerBase] Add child
> StandardWrapper[org_apache_geronimo_samples_daytrader_TradeWSAction]
> >>StandardEngine[Geronimo].StandardHost[0.0.0.0].StandardContext[/trade]
> >>16:45:38,537 ERROR [Digester] End event threw exception
> >>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> >>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> >>        at

sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
> Code))
> >>... ...
> >>Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addMessageDestinationRef(StandardContext.java:2121)
> >>        ... 95 more
> >>16:45:38,541 ERROR [ContextConfig] Parse error in application web.xml
> >>java.lang.NullPointerException
> >>        at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java(Inlined
> Compiled Code))
> >>        at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java(Inlined
> Compiled Code))
> >>        at
> >> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java(Compiled
> Code))
> >>16:45:38,543 DEBUG [ContextConfig] ======================
> >>16:45:38,543 ERROR [ContextConfig] Marking this application unavailable due
> previous error(s)
> >>16:45:38,543 ERROR [StandardContext] Error getConfigured
> >>16:45:38,543 ERROR [StandardContext] Context [/trade] startup failed due to
> >>previous
> errors
> >>This is caused by the <message-destination-ref> tags inside the web.xml of
> tradeWeb.war.   Somehow tomcat doesn't like it.  I tried to comment out the
> following
> and things started to work again.   However,  without the
> <message-destination-ref>
> tags,
> the JMS resources are not defined correctly.
> >><!-- <message-destination-ref id="MessageDestinationRef_1">
> >>
> <message-destination-ref-name>jms/TradeBrokerQueue</message-destination-ref-name>
> >>
> >> <message-destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</message-destination-type>
> >>         <message-destination-usage>Produces</message-destination-usage>
> >>
> >> <message-destination-link>TradeBrokerQueue</message-destination-link>
> >>      </message-destination-ref>
> >>      <message-destination-ref id="MessageDestinationRef_2">
> >>
> <message-destination-ref-name>jms/TradeStreamerTopic</message-destination-ref-name>
> >>
> >> <message-destination-type>javax.jms.Topic</message-destination-type>
> >>         <message-destination-usage>Produces</message-destination-usage>
> >>
> >> <message-destination-link>TradeStreamerTopic</message-destination-link>
> >>      </message-destination-ref>   -->
> >>I don't mind digging more into this...any hint/advice is appreciated!

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/