On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

I have a question regarding one of our build scripts, particularly the publish_build.sh
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/scripts/publish_build.sh

Why is there a build() at all ? The publish_build_archives() seems relevant and appropriate.

The original version of the script didn't have the "build" part in it and assumed you knew the build was good. It's a kind of hackish part of the script that 1) builds online and makes sure you have everything on your machine you need to build and 2) builds all the projects related to Geronimo. Both of which can take a long time.

It can easily be yanked for a box that runs a build very often.

-David