On 11/2/05, David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guys, you are totally agreeing.  To paraphrase Dain, "It should be
> fine to create a branch from a tag, forget CVS dogma."  To paraphrase
> Bruce, "If we need to updated a tag, move it to the branches dir at
> that point, so it's not a tag anymore."

I think we're in agreement as well.

> And my thoughts are the same as well, "If we need to update a tag for
> some unknow reason in the future, let's move it (or copy it with a
> new name) to the branches directory at that point."

One minor clarification. IMO, tags should remain intact forever.
Therefore a tag should be copied to the branches dir, not moved. But I
digress... ;-).

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL
PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/